- User modified parameters will not reflect in newly dropped devices: After dropping nodes on the environment, modification of protocols/ global properties (like Physical Layer parameters, Data Link Layer parameters and others) in one node will reflect in all other nodes. However, after modification, if any new node is dropped, the modifications will not reflect in the newly dropped nodes. Solution: After dropping new nodes, open the properties of any previously dropped wireless node and click accept.
- LTE network (LTE-A, D2D, FEMTOCELL) simulations crash if we run the scenario without UEs (v11.0)
- Device real IP & Destination real IP validation is not perfect in Multicast & Broadcast emulation.
- VANET may not work if NetSim is installed silently.
- If the link name is left empty, then the simulation will crash. In v11 this option is not present.
- Users cannot enable radio range when the network is created in map view. In v11 for CR network radio range is not working
- Packet size limit in TDMA (Military Radio):High packet sizes will lead to zero throughput. Max Packet Size = (Time_Slot_Block_Size*Slot_Duration*Data_Rate) / 8 where SLOT_DURATION is in millisecond and DATA_RATE = 25kbps.
- Default gateway can’t be empty: When user manually provides a value in the blank “Default Gateway” parameter in any device, then it cannot be made blank again, which in turn may lead NetSim to crash. Users should not enter any value in blank “default gateway” field in UI.
- Antivirus software's may identify NetSimSimulation.exe as malicious and block or remove it from NetSim install directory. Exceptions will have to be added to avoid this.
- Through open network the position of the Adhoc link Icon is changing.
- Up-link Speed and Down-link Speed are independent parameters and need to be configured individually.
- MANET Networks give zero throughputs when routing is involved
- If Zigbee and WLAN is configured together in the same network then animation for battery model does not work correctly and may lead to undefined behaviour
- TDMA/DTDMA cannot be interfaced with WLAN. The first network created through the GUI must be TDMA/DTDMA
- DSR is not designed to work with ICMP, VLAN etc. Hence users cannot set ICMP, VLAN etc when running simulations involving MANETs connected to wired networks
- Radio Range will not work in Map view
- If applications like FTP, HTTP, COAP, Database are run over a slow & highly error-prone network, where connection keeps getting established and terminated, TCP may crash
- Animation over map view requires the user to do
- A single click on the map to load the devices
- The map loads India by default. User will have to move the map to the location where devices were placed
- Wireless node movement may not be accurate
- AODV protocol does not work in case of route error - RERR.
- In WSN network modifying the network layer protocol leads to simulation crash (v11.1)
- LTE Carrier aggregation - only the first carrier is used in the calculation.
- WSN network scenario's with Application types Peer to Peer/ HTTP/ Database crash if simulated for more than 100 seconds.
- In WSN / IOT the transmitter power of the sensor in Interface(Zigbee) is shown as dBm instead of mW
- Applications in WSN/IOT in real life run UDP in general. However for simulation purposes NetSim allows TCP to also be configured. However, if TCP is configured and the network links have high BER then NetSim may crash since the network is very slow and the BER is very high.
- The very first time Emulation is run after installation, user may see the error "NetSim couldn't find either of Windivert32.sys or Windivert64.sys files of Windows Packet Divert(WinDivert) and further throwing the ERROR_CODE(2) - File not found"
List of known issues in NetSim v11 Print
Created by: NetSim SUPPORT TEAM
Modified on: Tue, 18 Jun, 2019 at 3:02 PM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.