If you have a firewall installed on the server side which is not allowing your application to access either the rlm port, or the port of the ISV server you must first configure your firewall to allow access to both the main rlm port, as well as the ISV server port. To do this, perform the following steps:
- In your license file, look at the SERVER (or HOST) and ISV lines:
SERVER server-hostname server-hostid main-rlm-server-port#
(Note: the keyword HOST is equivalent to SERVER)
- Add the desired port # to the ISV line as follows:
ISV isvname port=isv-port# (if you have RLM v9.0 or later), or
ISV isvname isv-binary isv-options-file isv-port# (if you have pre-v9 RLM)
- Next, configure your firewall to allow access to both isv-port# and main-rlm-server-port#
- Make sure that the license file is updated on the server node, and that the client nodes know how to find rlm – either with a license file with the SERVER line above, or by setting the RLM_LICENSE environment variable to main-rlm-server-port#@server-hostname
- Re-start rlm – you must restart RLM in order for any port changes to take effect. Restarting the ISV server via the web interface or rlmreread does not restart RLM.
How to password protect license checkouts in NetSim License Server?
Setup of VPN connectivity to server to run NetSim from home?
How to restrict access to the NetSim license server web interface?