|Applicable Versions||NetSim Standard||NetSim Pro|
Pre-requisites and settings to be done:
- Open-flow protocol should be enabled in the Application layer of the devices which are configured as SDN Controller or SDN clients.
- SDN Controller name should be specified in the SDN Client device's Application layer properties.
- TCP should be enabled in the SDN controller and client devices (In v12 and higher versions, TCP should be enabled in the Application configuration window).
- Interactive simulation needs to be enabled in the Run Simulation window prior to starting the simulation.
Reasons for no response when executing an SDN command in the SDN Controller console:
- SDN Controller and SDN client are unable to communicate (not reachable).
- Part of two different networks
- Due to the distance between the devices in the case of wireless nodes
- Failed TCP connection attempts due to high error or collision
- Commands for Controller to the client and response from the client to the controller are passed as TCP packets.
- The TCP connection attempt fails if the maximum connection attempt is reached.
- High network traffic due to application packets exchanged during the simulation
- Connectivity between the SDN controller and clients should be ensured.
- Application start time can be increased to allow necessary SDN commands to be executed prior to application traffic flow which will also avoid contention especially in the case of Wireless devices.
- SDN commands can be passed as input via file-based interactive simulation for higher accuracy in terms of the time at which the commands are to be executed.