|Applicable Versions||NetSim Standard||NetSim Pro|
|Applicable Releases||v11.1||v12 / v12.1|
Building is only used to differentiate between indoor and outdoor propagation loss per standard 38.901.
The O2I Models such as Low Loss and High Loss are associated with the type of material used in the buildings and is used to calculate the penetration loss in case of an indoor scenario.
If the UE is not within a building it always experiences outdoor propagation loss. The building does not contribute to multi-path propagation in NetSim.
Multipath shadow fading can be introduced by setting channel characteristics to PATHLOSS_SHADOWFADING or PATHLOSS_SHADOWFADING_O2ILOSS instead of LTENR_CHANNELCHAR_PATHLOSS_ONLY.
Some of the properties of buildings in NetSim:
• Buildings can’t be dropped on any other devices. (i.e., UE, gNB, EPC etc.)
• A building occupies a minimum 1 cell on the grid and a maximum size equal to the complete grid. The default size is 10 cells * 10 cells
• An empty space of 10 cells * 10 cells within the grid is required to place a building
• Two buildings cannot be overlap one another
• Dragging (moving) of a building is possible only when no other devices are present inside it
• A building can’t be resized or moved such that it covers an existing device
• The resizing corners of a building includes South and East edges and South-East corner
• To remove a building from the grid, first remove all device(s) that may be within it
• Only UE’s and gNBs can be placed inside a building
• The maximum number of buildings supported in NetSim is ten (10)