|Applicable Versions||NetSim Standard||NetSim Pro|
Voronoi tessellation, also known as Voronoi diagrams or Voronoi cells, is a mathematical concept used in various fields, including computer science and telecommunications. It is a way to partition space into regions based on proximity to a set of points.
In the context of 5G, we can that assume each mobile user is associated with the closest base station; namely,
the users in the Voronoi cell of a BS are associated with it. This results in coverage areas that comprise a Voronoi tessellation on the plane as shown in the figure below. The green dots represent 5G base stations and the region bounded by the purple lines surrounding each BS (green dot) is its coverage area.
Voronoi Tessellation Generator download:
Follow the steps given below:
1. Download and extract the VoronoiGenerator.exe application file from the above link.
2. Create a scenario in NetSim and save it. An example scenario is given below
2. The VoronoiGenerator.exe takes the following arguments
- <PATH of Saved 5G experiment directory> (mandatory) containing the Configuration.netsim file
VoronoiGenerator.exe <PATH of Saved 5G experiment directory>
3. Upon running the executable via the command line, it generates a Voronoi diagram based on the gNB placement in the network scenario saved:
The Python source codes of the Application are also provided as part of the download from the above link which can be modified if required.
1. NetSim 5G library overview: https://www.tetcos.com/5g.html